« Home | Law-Breakings » | MN-Aud: Edwards May Be Out » | Ask Dayton (and Coleman) to Stand Up » | Quiet Saturday » | Bruininks Gets 10% Raise » | Media Shenanigans » | MyDD Links to NSP » | Kos Rebuts Kennedy, MDE » | Phelps Bill One Step Closer » | Satire's Aim Goes Wilde » 

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 

Dayton Fails Us - Again

Sen. Dayton apparently doesn't support Sen. Feingold's censure resolution. Not only that, but he publicly ripped it. How do I find this out? Here, of all places.

Senator Dayton no longer has my support. Despite not facing re-election, he has chosen to continue to kowtow to the very small constituency which still believes that Bush is a good president, the very small constituency that believes that Bush has not broken the law. I fail to believe that Dayton, an incredibly disappointing senator to date, has made this decision on principle, and I am much more inclined to believe that he has made it based on politics - very bad politics, at that. I am anxious for Inauguration Day, when we can have Sen. Klobuchar represent us with courage and conviction - a pair of traits which Sen. Dayton has, in my mind, failed to adequately exhibit.

Technorati Tags:

What possible political calculation could he be making? That makes no sense. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Not to defend him or anything, but it is possible he just didn't agree with the resolution. Can't fault a guy for not voting for something he didn't agree with

The point is that I don't believe he just didn't agree with it. His political calculation would be "I believe that this needs to happen, but I would lose too much support among Minnesotans and damage my legacy." If he lays out his reasons for saying what he said about the bill, I might change my mind. Otherwise, though, it is impossible for me to believe that he chose what he did out of conviction.

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link

Contact NSP